I got this from Lost in a Story, and is a super fun (and simultaneously productive) tag to help you whittle away at those never-ending TBRs!
It works like this:
- Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books (I’ll keep doing 15, since it seems to work well for me!)
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
- Keep track of where you left off so you can pick up there next week!
I’m at 834 right now. I was a bit naughty and added more books…
- The Witches of New York by Ami McKay. Added March 1, 2017.
- I have this on my Kindle, I will read it! Keep.
- The First Collection of Criticism by a Living Female Rock Critic by Jessica Hopper. Added March 1, 2017.
- Clearly, I’m not quite done with living out my dreams of being a music critic. Keep.
- Tinder by Sally Gardner. Added March 22, 2017.
- This sounds so cool and it’s so short???? Why haven’t I read this???? Keep.
- Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves. Added March 25, 2017.
- Wow, the reviews are not great! Remove.
- Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel. Added March 26, 2017.
- Will I read everything teased as, “twisted family secrets”? YUP. Keep.
- Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly. Added March 27, 2017.
- Is it even really a question? Keep.
- Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu. Added March 30, 2017.
- Gay vampires from before Dracula? Keep.
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Added April 5, 2017.
- I actually bought the super pretty special one on my last trip to Parnassus, and haven’t opened it yet. Soooo Keep.
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow. Added April 5, 2017.
- Why was I adding every single massive book before my 26th birthday?! I own a copy, it laughs at me before I go to bed every night. Keep.
- The Romance Reader’s Guide to Life by Sharon Pywell. Added April 5, 2017.
- Why did I even add this???? Remove.
- Legend by Marie Lu. Added April 5, 2017.
- I need to read one of her books! And this should probably be the one. Keep.
- Salt by Nayyirah Waheed. Added April 8, 2017.
- I keep meaning to read more poetry. And some of the excerpts from this are beautiful…keep.
- Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler. Added April 8, 2017.
- Taming of the Shrew is my favorite of Shakespeare’s plays, so I think I’ll love this one. Keep.
- Revenger by Alastair Reynolds. Added April 9, 2017.
- I like the sound of it, buuuuut it’s got not great reviews? Remove.
- Stuff I’ve Been Feeling Lately by Alicia Cook. Added April 9, 2017.
- So this sounds cool, but I don’t know if I’d actually read it? Remove.
Removal Rate: 27%. YIKES.
Were there any books you’d keep or remove?