Another new meme for me this week!
How to participate in the meme:
1. Credit the creator of this tag (the great Nomadic Words!) and link back.
2. Answer the four questions to the best of your ability.
3. Most important of all, enjoy yourself!
F – Feature your latest book obsession (it doesn’t have to be your current read)
I – Indicate which book/s you are looking forward to reading this weekend.
F – Favorite quote of the week/day
F – Five things you’re happy or grateful for this week.
Alright, so my latest book obsession is The Raven Cycle by Maggie Steifvater. I know I’m a hair behind the times with this obsession, but holy crow. It’s so good. It’s magical and dark and beautiful and just…so so so very good. I’ve been listening to the audiobooks while I drive to and from work and Will Patton does such an incredible job of bringing all these dark characters to life.
I honestly probably won’t get a lot of reading done this weekend since it’s Easter and all, but I might finally plow through one of my six cookbooks hanging out in my car…
Favorite quote of the week: ““There is no good word for the opposite of lonesome. One might be tempted to suggest togetherness or contentment , but the fact that these two other words bear definitions unrelated to each other perfectly displays why lonesome cannot be properly mirrored. It does not mean solitude, nor alone, nor lonely, although lonesome can contain all of those words in itself. Lonesome means a state of being apart. Of being other. Alone-some.” —Blue Lily, Lily Blue–Maggie Stiefvater.
My five things I’m happy for:
- having this week off from one job and getting to go to several shows
- getting to hang out some with my mom.
- there were some great dogs at the brewery this week.
- finally eating 12 Bones again after going without for years.
- ~unlimited renewals of library books because I’m the wooooooorst about not actually reading the twenty something books I check out~
Tell me what you’re digging this week!